Accessibility Policy Statement for 成人头条
As authorized by Chapter 2054, Subchapter M of the Texas Government Code, the Texas Department of Information Resources (“DIR”) has adopted rules (the “DIR Accessibility Rules”) governing how Texas institutions of higher education are to develop, procure, maintain, and use “electronic and information resources” (or “EIRs”) so that the EIRs may be accessed by individuals with disabilities. Such DIR Accessibility Rules are set forth in of the Texas Administrative Code and in of the Texas Administrative Code.
UT System Administration and all UT institutions must comply with the DIR Accessibility Rules when developing, procuring, maintaining, or using EIRs. When procuring EIRs, UT System Administration and all UT institutions will comply with this policy and with the procedures set forth in OGC Bulletin 2006-1, “Access by Persons with Disabilities to Electronic and Information Resources Procured by The University of Texas System Administration and The University of Texas System Institutions.” When developing EIRs, UT System Administration and all UT institutions will comply with this policy and with the procedures set forth in OGC Bulletin 2009-1, “Access by Persons with Disabilities to Electronic and Information Resources Developed by The University of Texas System Administration and The University of Texas System Institutions.”
View the 成人头条 Accessibility Policy
View How to make Accessible Web Pages and Web Sites
- Branded 成人头条 Banner - 成人头条 Graphic Identity Guide
- Standard 成人头条 Footer - 成人头条 Graphic Identity Guide
- Approved 成人头条 Logos and Images - 成人头条 Graphic Identity Guide
- Accessibility - How to make Accessible Web Pages and Web Sites
- Privacy - Enterprise Computing (Information Technology)
- Copyright -
- Security - Information Security
State Websites & Checklists
- Visit the
- Visit the –The gateway for the State of Texas DIR
- Visit the Many resources including Accessibility & Contracts / Procurement
- View point-by-point
comparisonsbetween Federal 508 and Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Laws
- - A more
self explanatoryversion of the the TACto be used as a pre and post-development check list.
- - A more
- - Accessibility Consulting, Training and Advocacy to Support the Independence of People with Disabilities
- - The 508 Universe serves as a central hub for GSA's section 508 training and information resources. In
ityou can access each of the topic- specificcourses that address 508 implementationas well as explore Web links and a glossary of 508-related terms.
- - Comprehensive WebAim article on Web Accessibility
- developed by WebAim - Checklist and helpful guidelines for Web accessibility
- - HTML, rich media, the user's perspective, evaluation, testing, tools, and more
- - Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) are useful in order to maintain 508 and HTML/XHTML Compliance.
- - Accessibility product information, tutorials and
trainingfor Microsoft accessibility features and business resources for integrating accessibility.
- HTML / XHTML Training - Sign up for IT4000 or IT4001 for either an introduction to HTML/XHTML or Intermediate HTML/XHTML, respectively. You can sign up for these through TXClass UT El Paso, or you can contact Sonya Villa-Saenz at 915-747-7803
- Contact the EIR Coordinator - Set up an accessibility session based on your needs
- Contact the 成人头条 Accessibility Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tools & Tips
- - (success criteria) and techniques
- - Make sure your HTML is valid and will not trip up assistive technologies
- - Make sure your CSS is valid and will work with all supported 成人头条 browsers
- - Make sure that your color scheme will not cause readability issues
- - WAVE is a suite of evaluation tools that helps authors make their web content more accessible to individuals with disabilities.
- - A Free Text to Speech Voice Reader
- Making written files on the web accessible
Reference Books for Web Design, Best Practices
- Web Style Guide Basic Design Principles for Creating Web Sites, Second Edition - by Patrick J. Lynch and Sarah Horton. Available from Amazon.com and in electronic format at various places on the internet (Google for it).
- - This comprehensive book is backed by the Federal Government, extensive user testing, research and can be downloaded or read chapter-by-chapter.
- Don't Make Me Think; A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability, 2nd Edition - Available on Amazon.com
- The Essential Guide to User Interface Design - An introduction to GUI design principles and
techniques ;available on Amazon.com